Monday, December 17, 2007

hand woven treasure necklace

Well, it's finished! This baby weighs just over 8 oz.--I really got carried away with the fringing, but love how it came out. The polymer clay beads are great fun and I really enjoy having the flexibility to make them as I go. I deviated from my original design, resulting in a necklace that was a little too short--it's for my mom and I want her to be able to fit it over her dead--so I added a small extension in the back, which works out great. I hope she likes it!
Posted by Picasa

Friday, June 8, 2007

lava rock necklace

This necklace is based on the same design as
the sea glass version, but has a very different feel.

Posted by Picasa

Monday, May 21, 2007

Faux Dichro necklace

This is one of my very favorites. The design was adapted from one in 100 Beaded Jewelry Designs by Stephanie Burnham. The focal pieces are faux dichroic glass made from sea glass and faux dichro supplies form Dick Blick. The other beads were in my stash. I just love it. I don't think I've ever worn it and not gotten at least one compliment on it.
Posted by Picasa

Mom's purse- step 4: it's finished!

Well, here it is, the finished purse for Mom. The handles are on, the lining is in, and it's ready to go. A little late for Mother's Day, but I think she'll like it. I'll have a tear in my eye as I send it off to her.
Posted by Picasa

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mom's purse--step 3: admire my dye work!

My new hanging plant--the neighbors probably think I'm a bit odd--if they only knew.

The flower is a dark pink the center, fading a bit to a medium pink in the outer petals.

Posted by Picasa

Mom's purse--step 2: dyeing

I wanted a graduated gray, working dark to light from the bottom of the bag.

Posted by Picasa

Mom's purse--step one: knitting

Here is the raw bag for my Mom's purse along
with one of the flowers and some leaves.

Posted by Picasa

Monday, May 7, 2007

woven button bracelet

This is my 2nd woven bracelet. I've had these buttons for some time and wasn't sure just what to do with them until I was introduced to this technique by my friend Cindy. I LOVE how it turned out, but it was very time consuming weaving in and out of each beaded hole in each button. I used fishing line to attach all the buttons, which I think made it a bit more difficult than it would have been had I just used the cord. Now that it is done, all is well, but I think the next one I make will be a little simpler.
Posted by Picasa

1st woven bracelet

This is my first attempt at a woven bracelet. I used some beads I had in my stash and made the polymer beads. This technique is simple and quite addicting. I love how the bracelet came out and I always seem to get compliments on it when I wear it.Posted by Picasa

Monday, January 15, 2007

beaded sweater

This little cutie was so fun to
make, actually quite
addicting. I saw something
similar in an ad in a
jewelry magazine and just
had to figure out how to make one. I could have bought a
pattern for $50.00, but instead chose the challenge of
trying to figure it out on my own. I'm not really a beader,
so I may have invented my own stitches...I think I used a
ladder stitch, but I may have altered it a bit. It took me a
while to bead, but the actual shaping was pretty easy.
Now I need to make another one and record what
I'm doing as I go.

hand-dyed and felted bags

This was my first experience with hand-dyeing
a variegated yarn. The colors are actually more
brownish than they appear in the photo. I've
made a bunch of these little bags, as you can see.

This is pretty much the same bag, just
different colors. I used some egg dyes
on this one.

This one is somewhat bulb shaped.

I call this tiny bulb bag my little onion.
I love bags!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

my first dye and felt project

This is an Interweave subscriber-only
pattern. I really enjoyed making this
bag. I dyed all the yarn using kool-aid
and food coloring; the colors came out
clear and vibrant. The pattern worked
up quickly and the piece felted very
well. I was a little nervous about the
colors running, but there was no
problem with that at all.